Posted by : Amitha Amarasinghe Monday, November 8, 2010
The Social Media Marketing workshop organized by the eBusiness Academy is happening this weekend at the OLAK Auditorium Colombo 10. Last couple of weeks, I’ve been busy preparing for the event so I hardly have any time to write something on this blog.
So far we have received an overwhelming response for workshop registrations. If you have not registered for the workshop yet, you have three more days to do so. Register yourself on this form, and confirm your participation. You can participate, either as company sponsored participants or self-funded individuals.
For the benefit of those who are coming to the workshop, I have already uploaded all related materials for my session at the workshop to 4Shared.com and you can download the ZIP file here. The folder is password protected, and I will share the password with all participants on the event date.
|The Outline of My Session|
The ZIP file contains following resource files for the workshop session “Peopleizing Your Brand”.
1. Peopleizing Your Brand - How to Create Passionate Raving Fans for Your Brand (PDF printer friendly version of the presentation slides)
2. Social Commerce Statistics (PDF Document)
3. Key Trends in Consumer Attention Economy (PDF Document)
4. The Three Phases of Globalization – An Extract from the Book “The World is Flat” by Thomas Friedman (PDF Document)
5. 7 Things You Should Know About Tweeting for Brands (PowerPoint Slides)
6. Social Media Marketing - Measuring Results (MS Excel Workbook)
I will explain each of these topics plus many more interesting topics, during my presentation. Someone asked me about the meaning of “Peopleizing”. This again, will be discussed in detail during the presentation and for the moment, here is a brief definition of the word, in the context of social media marketing.
“Peopleizing is giving your brand a human personality and networking with target consumers who share the same personality”
See you there on 13th! Let's talk more about 'Peopleizing' in detail.